
Today was the day of my second half marathon! I made the mistake last night of reading the course description though, which made me kind of nervouse heading in. This is what it says:
Long stretches of relatively flat ground, with a gentle, hubris-inducing downhill near the beginning at mile 3, a long, steep downhill (the great Rock Road Ravine) after mile 7; two tough little uphills after mile 9 and 10, and a final, soul-crushing climb to finish the race.
Not sure what "hubris-inducing" means, but "soul-crushing climb" might have been an understatement!
I was able to ride over with my friend and her fiancee which was perfect becaue it allowed Nate and the kids to leave later and not have to be waiting as long for me to finish.
This was a tough race...one of the hardest things I have ever done! My first half marathon was a nice, flat course where the only challenge was the distance itself...nothing else. This time the hills were so significant and I NEVER train on hills.
My finishing time was 2:13:16...only 4.5 minutes slower than my first. Considering I only trained for 6 weeks instead of 12, the course was all uphill (at least it felt that way!), and I just had a baby 5 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days ago, that's pretty good! Of course I would have liked to improved my time, but I am not disappointed with the outcome at all. I am so thankful for a hubby and kids who support my running! It was the best thing ever to come around the turn at the end and see them cheering me on. They make me so happy. :)
![]() |
| Here we go! |
![]() |
| Mile 2.5 |
![]() |
| The "soul-crushing climb"...I was desperately looking for the finish! |
![]() |
| Finally the end is in sight! |
![]() |
| I'm done! Official time 2:13:16 |
| My babies and I after the race |
Mile 1- 9:15 Mile 5-10:05 Mile 9- 9:43 Mile 13- 12:21
Mile 2- 9:05 Mile 6- 9:42 Mile 10- 11:23
Mile 3- 9:02 Mile 7- 10:10 Mile 11- 10:48
Mile 4- 9:44 Mile 8- 9:28 Mile 12- 10:48
Total time: 2:13:16 Total distance: 13.16 Pace: 10:07





1 comment:
dad and I are so proud of you, honey
Post a Comment